Saturday, July 9, 2016

Camp at the Creek 2016

I figured you guys would want to know what happened at camp. While I was at camp Gardner Creek I completely surrendered my life to Christ, something I have struggled with for 8 years. That's half of my life people! Here are the main points that I got from God this week because I've finally STOPPED doubting him and STARTED my new life where I'm completely surrendered to him. Here's what I learned:
God allows bad things to happen to us. He doesn't cause. We are a community of believers and we're better together. Time is never spent. It is invested so invest your time with God in silence. To listen you must be silent. (Listen and silent have the same letters. Have you ever noticed that?) You have 24 hours/dollars in one day. Where are you going to invest your money/time? Don't give God your left over change. Give him your whole dollars. Forgiveness brings happiness. (I forgave God for those bad things that he didn't cause but that I had blamed him for for these 8 years). There's a difference between knowledge and action. If you know how to swim but don't move your arms you'll drown. If you know you need to do more to follow Jesus but don't do it you won't get anywhere. We are light. Light can be seen (waves) and felt (particles). Sometimes light is seen and sometimes it's unseen, but it always needs to shine to illuminate the darkness. God doesn't call us to be a blinding and uncomfortable spot light. We aren't called to be refrigerator lights either... People that are only set on fire for Jesus when we are directly confronted with him. We are called to be a fire burning bright for him because he is an all consuming fire. Real light creates and sustains life and it dispels fear and it illuminates and gives direction. It also is warm and inviting. Be real fire! Real light. Don't dress up like a Christian. Be real. And finally I learned that God is incredibly in love with me. His Holy Spirit will be the fuel to my fire. He is GOOD. and he will NEVER LET ME DOWN. I surrendered to him because I know now that he didn't cause the cancer or Alzheimers or death or betrayal. He allowed it to happen to get me to this point. He loves me so much. I trust him with every part of my being. I'm ready to invest the time it takes to stay close with him. I love my lord Jesus so much and I'm ready for what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment